Friday, January 7, 2011

This Moment

My blog is titled "These Defining Moments" and I have to say in this moment there is nothing going on. I mean nothing, nada, zip, zilch, zero.

A defining moment is actually described as...  An event, action, or decision that results in a significant change for a person, institution,community,country or the world       (thanks Answer.com)
So as I sit here thinking about what I just wrote, I realize that I am right smack in the middle of a defining time-which once I make a move, will be a defining moment. I need to make some very important decisions and changes. I just don't know how and where to start.

I often have internal dialogues within myself and some days it goes like this......"now what are you going to do hotshot? the clocks ticking and you are not getting any younger. You only get what you give. Is this what you've strived to be all your life? What are you doing?"  BLAH
And other days it's more like this... "Don't worry, you've got plenty of time. Have patience, there is only so much you can control. Your doing just fine with everything in your life" BLAH

As Wilt Whitman, an American poet and as quoted in the movie TinCup, I now say " Self, YOU EITHER DEFINE THE MOMENT OR THE MOMENT WILL DEFINE YOU"

And don't I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment