Thursday, April 7, 2011

Mrs. Familiar Face

Yesterday was CD (cycle day) 10. As I drove over to the clinic, I found myself ...um, reminded myself to stay positive, which I constantly need to be aware of. I gave my follicles a pep talk and explained to them they needed to grow and if they did grow, they'd have a big surprise waiting for them when they matured. Please and thank you.

As I sat there waiting for my turn, I saw no familiar faces. I wanted to see other patients I recognized that have been there just as long as I have. Was that mean? Maybe.

And then a familiar face! I felt relieved and sad at the same time that maybe she was thinking and feeling the same as I was. No eye contact was made, but as she got up for her turn I noticed she had A BUMP. OMG! Was she pregnant? A rush of emotions came over me. I wanted to give her a great big hug and fall to the floor at the same time. It was her turn! Congratulation Mrs. Familiar Face!

As I sat there waiting for my turn again (because that's what you do, it's like an assembly line of sorts) I swear I heard my follicles tell me," Stay focused because it's gonna be our turn soon too".

No comments:

Post a Comment