Tuesday, December 14, 2010

My new BFF

We are on a 'break' from our cycle monitoring at the fertility clinic. A forced 'break', as the clinic is closing for a couple weeks over the holidays, but a much needed  'break' for my sanity. 

I know the clinic does not officially close until the 17th. So, I will keep calling the lovely and wonderful nurse with all my new questions until then. I don't call everyday with one question! That would crazy! I prefer to call just once or twice a week with many questions. See? Not so crazy, just more productive.

You may be wondering how I come up with all these questions? Simple. I have a new BFF. She knows everything. You may also know her. Her name is The Internet.

One of the greatest things, I have learned from the Internet, is there are so many women who are going through the torture of infertility. And as I spend the whole day scouring for more questions to ask, looking for clues as to why, I find some comfort to know that I am truly not alone on this journey.
When I say "I", I don't discredit my husband's sadness or his frustration or my supportive family and friends. It's just a bit different when it's your own body not doing what you want it to do. It's Me versus Me. Imagine that battle, if you will.

So, what I found in my new BFF is a sort of Silent Sorority (which is also the name of a book I came across).

No comments:

Post a Comment