Saturday, May 21, 2011

Happy long weekend

Happy 'unofficial start to the summer' long weekend. It is an absolutely beautiful day today. Will it last all weekend? Maybe. Maybe not.

I woke up this morning soooo grumpy. Why? Because I remember last year's 'unofficial start to the summer' long weekend....I thought to myself, this time next year I will either be pregnant or have a baby.

Well, it is this time and neither are correct. I am sad. I am struggling. I am crying.

However, because the sun is shining, the birds are chirping and the day is beautiful, I will try choose to enjoy the day. The lump in my throat and the heaviness on my heart will just have to wait.

Today I will enjoy friends and family (whom I've been neglecting), food (which I love) and plenty of wine, beer and fruity cocktails (oh my!).

Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment