Monday, April 2, 2012

2 beautiful embryos

Yesterday we transferred 2 beautiful embryos.The actual procedure took all of 7 minutes, if that, but it was one of the most intense and amazing 7 minutes of my life. It was so very formal and our embryologist repeatedly confirmed our embryos belong to us. He stood there from behind a pass through window and waited to pass our embryos to the nurse who would then pass them to our doctor.

The embryologist reminded me of the wizard from The Wizard of Oz. From behind the curtain, he worked his magic. And magic it was.

We all watched on the ultrasound screen as the catheter was inserted into my uterus. Then we all watched as the embryos made their way through the catheter and were released into my uterus. 1 and then 2. The whole room cheered! Yes actually cheered. They cheered, I cried. Our doctor said it was perfect.

And it was perfect. We stayed for another 30 minutes. Once we were able to leave we decided on a different route home. Not planned, but I realized this would take us right pass the cemetery where my dad's buried. We stopped briefly as it just felt so right to do so. I know my dad is watching as the events of our fertility journey unfold.

I feel him with the rest of my angels, hugging me, guiding me, loving me.

Now the waiting begins. Again.

And I just got the call that our third embryo didn't make it.

Nothing to freeze.

6 comments:

  1. What a special moment. That description just brought tears to my eyes! Of course your Dad is helping you along this journey, he would be so happy that you visited him on the way home from the clinic. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that these little embryos dig deep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ali. It was an incredible day. and your right...dig emryos dig!!

      Delete
  2. Yay!!! Two strong embabie!! It is a really beautiful moment! Hoping those little embabies dig deep!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly! Now to keep busy but still during my 2 ww...torture!

      Delete
    2. Just take one day at a time! If you focus on the 2 weeks u will go crazy! It goes by fast... Keep busy!

      Delete
    3. One day at a time. Yes. So far, I've decided our condo needs a makeover. So, i am keeping busy by deciding on paint colours and decor. haha.

      Delete