Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Acupuncture and Happy post #8

My acupuncture appointment was interesting. The doctor was nice, very traditional, as in the 'traditional Chinese medicine' sense. The office wasn't fancy, quite basic with jars and jars of medicine and herbs behind the counter. I'm not sure what I was expecting (a spa-like treatment would've been nice). My consultation didn't take very long. Doc hmmm'ed and hahh'ed and his English wasn't the best, but I understood. After my first session was over, I still had questions. He didn't really explain what 'deficiencies' he thought I had or where the imbalances were. And that's what I wanted to know ( I mean seriously, what was I going to go home and tell Dr.Google if I had no clue)!

So, before I left I asked and asked and asked. And he told and told and told.

He told me where the deficiencies were. He also told me if he had 6 months with me, he felt maybe IVF may not have been necessary, that he would've prescribe traditional Chinese meds and herbs as well as acupuncture (he cannot not now because of IVF meds). And before I could freak out inside, he looked me in the eye and reassured me by saying..."but it's ok. It's still good because my acupuncture will help your IVF get you a baby".

And with that, I booked my next appointment and went on my way. As I walked to the car, I felt great. Everything inside me felt 'open'. I could breath so deeply. It was an awesome feeling. I'm hooked.

HAPPY POST # 8

Happiness is believing. It's believing that I am doing the best with what I've got. It's believing that I am exactly where I am suppose to be. It's believing that everything is going to be the way it is meant to be...and happiness is believing... his acupucture will help my IVF get me a baby .

No comments:

Post a Comment